Let me just start off by disclosing one thing –
I am not a cook.
Never have been, never will be.
I do love to bake. Cookies, cakes, desserts, you name it – I love it! (Drives my dentist crazy, but I can’t help that I was born with a sweet tooth, and it occasionally helps that I can keep him in business.) 🙂
This weekend, I was itching to make some cookies, but I really didn’t have time to drive to the store for ingredients, and it seemed like every recipe I came across had ingredients that would require a trip to the store. Luckily, I found a great recipe in the nick of time, but it was going to require a bit of tweaking based on what I had on hand. Instead of them being “Double Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies,” my plan was to turn them into “Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cookies.”
Not only was I itching to make cookies in general, but hubby, brother, and father-in-law have been at my house all day working on an outdoor house project. I knew that something homemade and from scratch would be just the thing to keep them happy.
All the ingredients in this recipe are things that I had on hand in my kitchen – some I didn’t even realize that I had bought – and it thrilled me that I could finally do something that I’ve always read about: cooking from your pantry. Cooking from my pantry has never been a successful venture until today. I can’t wait to try it again (especially if it involves more baking)!
So go ahead – whip up a batch of these delicious Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cookies, and enjoy them with a tall glass of cold milk. I guarantee you’ll love every bite – hubby, brother, and father-in-law ALL enjoyed them!Yummy #cookies and cream chocolate cookies with white #chocolate chips that are next best thing to Oreo's! #baking Click To Tweet
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 stick of Butter (room temperature)
- 1 - 3.4 oz. pkg of Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Baking Cocoa
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 cups White Chocolate Chips
- Cream butter and sugars together until blended.
- Add pudding mix, eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually combine dry mixture with wet mixture until dough has formed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out dough in 2 tbsp. size balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- Let cool for approx. 5 minutes before eating.
- I used Hershey's chocolate pudding mix - any other brand should work just as well.
- Dough will be stiff when you're folding in the chips - prepare yourself for an arm workout!